Wonderful!

Will you make an adapted BIOS ROM for the Toshiba music module as well?
(because I also have two of those :)).

Plz, take a look at the article. Your answer was already there. ;)

Oh, heh :). My Spanish, eh ;p.

Oh, sorry. I didn't wrote a spanish version, but only in Portuguese and English. I can read Spanish fairly well, but writing an entire article like that in Spanish is somewhat away from my knowledge in this language.
Maybe some native spanish speaker here could help us translating it.

The BIOS ROM I created is generic, it will work in any MSX Y8950-based device. The
problem is that it has some special requirements:

1) Must be mapped on 0000h-7fffh
2) It needs 4KB of RAM mapped on the same slot of the BIOS, on 3000h-3fffh and
mirrored on 7000h

The article shows how to build a little hardware-kit to achieve this on the Philips
Music-Module. But I donÂt have any Toshiba HX-MU900 to develop the hardware-kit for
it, and this is one of the rare situations I canÂt use openmsx to do the job.

Ah, I see :).

Too bad it isnât just a matter of replacing the existing BIOS ROM... That wouldâve been easy ;p.

It's pretty easy, in fact. On the article describes three methods (in fact, two ;) for building the hardware part of the upgrade. The 1st method needs very low hardware knowledge and skills, since you only will need to burn the EPROM and stack 2 CIs over it. The soldering skills needed are no more than those necessary to upgrade the SampleRAM to 256KB.

Regards,
FRS