Also, we could revise the error message to point out that "a map is
present with XX rooms (in YY areas), with room numbers beginning at A
and ending at B but that Mudlet does not know which room to show but
that 'lua centerview( ### )' *should* position the map on room ###...!

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mudlet
Makers, which is subscribed to Mudlet.

Title:
  Pick a room to display when loading brand new map

Status in Mudlet:
  New

Bug description:
  When a player opens Mudlet and download a map for the first time, they
  are not presented with a map like you'd expect. Instead the mapper
  says "No map or valid position" (but I just downloaded a map!).

  Besides getting the map makers to specify a default position in the
  maps, until one is there, some heuristics could be used:

  * current GMCP or ATCP room position, if one is available
  * pick largest area and select the room in the centre (so they at least see
something, even if it's not correct and where they are)

  Any others?