I sent (and resent) a message yesterday... not sure why it didn't get 
posted.  I'll try again, even though some of this has already been 
said:

- - - -- - - 

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 03:15:35 -0800 (PST) 
From: "Thomas Alexander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
Subject: Re: Esperanto Resources for Kids 


 

"Susan Hazel" [EMAIL PROTECTED] asked:

> I don't mean any disrespect by asking this - but
> is Esperanto really that much in use?

No, not really -- but it's used a lot by the people
who use it.  That's what makes it so interesting.

> I remember hearing about it decades ago, but then
> nothing since.

Esperanto was published in 1887.  If your info is
only "decades" old, then you're more up-to-date than
a lot of people.

This past weekend, a shop owner heard me talking to
my daughter and asked which language we were speaking.
I said "it's called Esperanto", and he even knew
what it was.  It happens from time to time, but is
always a surprise to me.

> If one of you would be willing to share with me
> the prevalence of it - I would be grateful!

Better yet, check out www.esperanto.net or
www.esperanto-usa.org -- or punch "Esperanto" into
Google - and see for yourself.

Amike salutas,
Thomas/Tomaso ALEXANDER.
www.NightinGael.Net



Visit http://www.multilingualmunchkins.com.  Home of the Multilingual Munchkins 
Playgroup Database. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multilingualmunchkin/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multilingualmunchkin/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to