Hi Martha, thanks for the links! I’ve just watched the YouTube video on
www.esperanto-usa.org and it was very interesting. I didn’t know that you
can use your own language’s syntax and accent with Esperanto. I always
wondered what Esperanto sounds like and now I know: it depends on the mother
tongue of the person speaking it!

 

Lily

 

 <http://www.lilylovesdancing.com/> www.LilyLovesDancing.com

"The waltz is a dance of quite too loose a character, and unmarried ladies
should refrain from it...very young married ladies may be allowed to waltz
if it is very seldom..." 
The Gentleman and Lady's Book of Politeness, 1833.

 

www.MyInnerVision.com

A Certified Life Coach helps you make the most of yourself & reach your full
potential. Call (718) 997 0459.

 

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mar Stelo
Kardenas
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 2:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [munchkins] Re: Esperanto Resources for Kids

 

Kara Susan,

Dankon pro via demando. Ni audas ghin ege ofte. =)

Thank you for your question. We hear it quite often. =)

Here are some samples of Esperanto's use nowadays:

1. Scout troops: http://www.esperanto.org/skolta/en/

2. Rotary organizations:  http://radesperanto.monsite.wanadoo.fr/page2.html

3. Summer course in Univ. of CA - San Diego. This course, known as NASK, has
been going on since 1970 in the US.
http://www.esperanto.org/nask/progoveran.php A similar program for kids is
also planned this year, to take place at the same time.

4. 15th most popular language in Wikipedia. For the Esperanto versio, visit:
http://eo.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%88efpa%C4%9Do

5. Petition for Esperanto in the UN
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/esperanto

6. Courses offered in universities and higher learning institutions in 27
countries. Several offer bachelors and masters degrees.

7. For information in the US: www.esperanto-usa.org 

8. The Polish government will give away 400,000 DVDs with an Esperanto
course in September http://www.liberafolio.org/2008/bjalistokakd

9. Claude Piron, a UN translator, just made this informational mini-video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YHALnLV9XU 

10. A map that shows the people who are learning through http://en.Lernu.net
can be found here http://en.lernu.net/komunikado/uzantoj/mapo.php

More info about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Piron 

Even Google recomends learning it! =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVme_xIRYk (Watch toward the end.)

Martha Cárdenas, M.Ed. - San Diego - www.GrupoAmikema.org 

--- In [email protected], "Susan Hazel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>
> Hi -
> 
> I don't mean any disrespect by asking this - but is Esperanto really that
> much in use? I remember hearing about it decades ago, but then nothing
> since.

 

Reply via email to