I saw this topic a long time ago and wanted to try to get more 
information on the immersion school in Costa Rica that your family 
does.  Thanks so much.  

Tatiana

-- In [email protected], Erin Hudson 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Jennifer,
>    
>   I have been speaking Spanish, some broken, to my children since 
they were born.  I suggest asking your husband simple commands, come 
here, sit down, put that down, put that away etc.. followed with "por 
favor".  Start with commands, nouns and the basics (colors, numbers, 
shapes and animals).
>    
>   I home school my 6 and 4 year olds as well.  Almost everything I 
teach them in English I teach them in Spanish.  When we started 
telling time I said this is how we say it in English, this is how we 
say it in Spanish...  Same with numbers.  There is nothing wrong with 
you teaching them something on Monday, that your husband taught you 
the night before.  Do it!!!  You will never regret it.
>    
>   Here is a letter I put together for mom's like your self.  The 
first is a literacy program that, I believe, you will benefit from as 
well.  If you have any questions, please email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]  
I am very passionate about the Spanish language and would love to 
help!
> 
>    
>   My family and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica this year.  We 
will all be in a Spanish language school for a couple of months.  
That is the absolute best way to get emmersion.  Let me know if you 
would like more information on that.
>    
>   Erin
>    
>    
>    
>   Several months ago I sent out an email with information on a 
curriculum that teaches Spanish literacy.  Well, I kept on searching 
for something more affordable and home school friendly.  I have had 
to piece several items together to get exactly what I want, Spanish 
literacy for me and my children, and I have successfully achieved my 
year long goal.  Learning how to read and write in Spanish is 
different than English.  You can learn how to understand and speak 
Spanish, but being literate in Spanish can make you a much more 
confident and fluent speaker, at the same time, help with your 
pronunciation and accent.  I also included some links to Spanish 
readers and manipulative's to help reinforce what you are 
teaching/learning, if you decided to use the program.    
>    
>   This first site http://spanishk12.com/ is the Spanish literacy 
program.        
>   This link gives you the pronunciation of the alphabet.  Great 
tool!!!! 
>   http://www.spanishspanish.com/alfabeto_ipower.html 
>   Their home page http://www.spanishspanish.com has a TON of 
vocabulary and tests.
>    
>   These next two are mini alphabet books and reading rods.  The 
rods are a great manipulative and the mini books will help build 
vocabulary.  Each book focuses on one letter of the alphabet. You can 
study each letter book with the Reading Rods that go along with the 
unit that correlates with the letter that you study in the curriculum.
>    
>   Reading Rods: 
http://www.learningresources.com/product/reading+rods--174-
+spanish+letters+and+pictures+%28letras+y+dibujos%29.do?
search=basic&keyword=ler+7034&sortby=best&asc=true&page=1
>    
>   Mini Alphabet Books: 
http://www.learningresources.com/product/spanish+alphabet+books+%
28alfa-libritos%29%2C+a--8211-z.do?
search=basic&keyword=ler+7034&sortby=best&asc=true&page=1
>    
>   This is the second level of four, the first being the mini 
alphabet books.  You may want wait to purchase levels 2-4 to see if 
you enjoy the first.  As well, levels 3&4 of this program require 
purchasing additional Reading Rods sets.  Although, you can still use 
the first set of reading rods with all, they just won't be the same 
color to match the books.
>   http://www.learningresources.com/product/reading+rods-reg-
+conciencia+fon--233-mica+%28phonemic+awareness%29+readers.do?
search=basic&keyword=ler+7034&sortby=best&asc=true&page=1
>    
>   These are emergent readers.  I would purchase these before the 
second level of the reading rods and books.  They have very basic 
sentences like, I see the Lion, I see the bear.  
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/ca%7CsearchResults~~p%
7CJJ934~~.jsp
>    
>   If you ever need help with translation or have additional 
questions, I would love to help!!! 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Mia Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:            
> Hi Jennifer,
>    
>   There is a homeschooling program (Handwriting without tears) to 
teach your child how to write, that comes in Spanish.  It has 5 
levels.  My children use it in English at school and we use it in 
French at home.  I believe the books are around $5 each, so it is 
very affordable.  You might contact other suppliers of homeschooling 
curriculums in English and see if they have Spanish equivalents. They 
also have a French version that I use at home.
>   I am an English speaker learning French myself and teaching my 
children (5 & 3) French. 
>    
>   Best of luck.
>    
>   Mia Will.
>   Bilingual Baby Talk
>   www.bilingualbabytalk.com   
>   
> Jennifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       Hi, I am seriously considering homeschooling my kids. They 
are 5 and 
> 3.5 and my husband speaks spanish to them in the evenings, I stay 
at 
> home with them, but don't speak spanish to them because I am not 
fluent 
> and feel like I would only confuse them with broken spanish. We 
live 
> in VA and do not have any friends/family that speaks spanish around 
us 
> unfortunately. My older child seems to understand and even be able 
to 
> translate 85% of what his dad says to him, the younger not so much. 
> When I start homeschooling this fall, I would love to have a 
Spanish 
> Curriculm for at least one or two subjects that my husband would 
work 
> on with them in the evenings. I have only found the typical 
> American 'teach your child english' programs, but was hoping 
someone 
> could help me find an actual spanish program for immersion. I would 
> love to here any and all ideas! Thanks so much for your time.
> 
> Jennifer
> 
> 
> 
> 
>     
> ---------------------------------
>   Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.   
> 
>                          
> 
> 
> Erin Hudson
> 615-415-6869
> "Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't be mean when you 
say it."
>        
> ---------------------------------
> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  
Try it now.
>



------------------------------------

Visit http://www.multilingualmunchkins.com.  Home of the Multilingual Munchkins 
Playgroup Database.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multilingualmunchkin/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multilingualmunchkin/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to