> I say flush the protocol sections of ISO-7816 down the toilet and
> come up with a protocol that works for the 21st Century.

like what: TCP/IP ? Don't be unfair, these protocols need to be
implemented in devices with quite limited computing capabilities. They
have to be robust and simple to implement. If you think, that T=1 is to
complex, I suggest to take a look at our T=1 implementation done for the
ECO5000 card reader. In just 700 lines of source it implements a
reliable protocol with error correction, buffer size negotiation,
chaining, timeout handling and clean transmission abortion. Please show
me a simpler protocol that does all this.

Andreas

    ---------    CardContact Software & System Consulting
   |.##> <##.|   Andreas Schwier
   |#       #|   Schülerweg 38