Hi,

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 11:58, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> On 28/03/07, Frank Cusack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> > Isn't it broken to have install the PCSC include files in the PCSC subdir
> > and then to have them #include other PCSC include files but omit the PCSC
> > part of the path?
>
> It is to be compatible with Windows with
> #include <winscard.h>
>
> Your application should not include other PCSC files.
> (or reader.h if you need it)
[...]
No, but winscard.h does. It's the same problem I ran into once. I think the
original author is right that a simple "#include <winscard.h>" should suffice
to get all needed stuff included.

However, winscard.h includes "<pcsclite.h>"  instead of "<PCSC/pcsclite.h>".
That makes it necessary to include the autoconf-magic (even if it only is
necessary to add the appropriate pkg-config stuff into my own configure.ac).

How does changing that particular directive in winscard.h make it incompatible
with Windows, anyway? Or did misunderstand your statement?

[...]
> You should use pkg-config to know where to find the PCSC header files.
[...]

But that wouldn't be necessary if only winscard.h included <PCSC/pcsclite.h>
instead of <pcsclite.h>.

[...]
> > I'd recommend changing this for 1.4.1.
>
> Proposition rejected.
[...]
That sounds final... However, making this change would at least save one step
for the application (without putting Windows-compatiblity in jeopardy as far
as I can see).

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/