On 28/03/07, Frank Cusack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Oh, I don't #include <winscard.h>, I #include <PCSC/winscard.h>, since
that's what I saw the sample app do (and it seemed easier than finding
the location of the PCSC dir).  Sorry for the confusion.

The sample app is not correct.

You should do something like
#ifdef __APPLE__
#include <PCSC/winscard.h>
#else
#include <winscard.h>
#endif

This if course is much simpler if you just use pkg-config.

So use pkg-config.

If your system does not have the pkg-config command you can still use
$ ./configure PCSC_CFLAGS=... PCSC_LIBS=...
to manually set the correct arguments.

>> pkg-config isn't present on every platform, and it's broken for multilib
>> platforms.
>
> How is it broken?

It doesn't know if you are looking for 32-bit or 64-bit paths, and even if
it did, there's no reasonable way at configure time to tell it which one
you want.  (You might not know or care.)

I have not yet played with a multiarch system.

Can't you use something like:
$ PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=/usr/lib64/pkgconfig ./configure ...
if you want to explicitly use the 64-bits version?

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau