Hi everyone,

I have a situation where it would be convenient to have a card reader
connected to one machine, and the application using it running on another
machine.

It occurred to me that if libpcsclite were to use a TCP socket rather than a
UNIX socket to connect to pcscd, this would be easy to accomplish.

Has anyone tried this?

Is the over-the-socket protocol platform-dependent?  Would there be any issues
with using a different platform on each end (OS/CPU)?

I'm going to give it a try in the morning, but I thought it might be worth
seeing if anyone in the community has any thoughts/warnings.

Thanks,

        Shawn.