On Friday 21 September 2007 04:43:13 pm Michael Bender/MBP wrote:
> It seems to me that the better
> approach would be to abstract the card functionality over the
> network (i.e. "sign this", "verify that").

That's fine where it works, where the usage of the card fits a well-known
model.  In my particular case, I'm building a generic card issuance system,
and I can't make any predictions about what sorts of cards might be
personalized, much less what the high-level API would look like.

IMO, an abstracted API would be useful, but it wouldn't replace the APDU-level
interface.

        Shawn.