On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Michael Bender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Mike,

>   Has anyone worked with a Gemalto .NET card without the .NET framework?
>  I am trying to use the card at the APDU level and from what I've been
> reading,
>  the card only responds to two APDUs and those are really designed to
> transport
>  the Microsoft .NET "remoting" protocol over the wire. I would like a way to
> extract
>  a unique ID from the card (a serial number is fine, no requirement that the
> ID is
>  bound to a user identity) and from what I've been able to find out so far,
> there is
>  a card serial number that can be extracted from the card, but it's in a big
> XML
>  blob that the card will only give you if you speak the correct parts of the
> .NET
>  remoting protocol to it.

Maybe you can go to [1] and try to reverse engineer the .NET protocol.

You will have to install SConnect for your web browser. It is a PC/SC
wrapper for JavaScript. It is a nice idea but is not free software :-(

Do not hesitate to share your results.

Regards,

[1] http://www.netsolutions.gemalto.com/utilities.aspx

--