The Ricoh is the card reader for things like SD and other flash memories, it
probably has nothing to do with the smart card reader.

Looking at the HP website for drivers for this laptop - specifically looking at
the drivers for Vista Enterprise 32bit reveals a driver for an SCRXXX card
reader - specifically an SCR 202C.  This is probably from SCM VID: 04e6.

Try doing "lsusb -v" again and sending to the list.

Mike