There R-Pi is incredibly cheap and has hdmi output. But...
The analogue audio is a low quality 1 bit PWM, there is no DAC!
You can't access the HDMI drivers, because of the licence agreement.
There may be a possibility to use an external USB stick, if the device
communicates fast enough with it, as has been some talk about shared resources
with it. And of course it's an extra expense.
Ho hum.