Does anyone have any references for magic formulae for synthesis (I am not sure
that this is the usual term)?
What I mean is the type of bit manipulation that generates rhythmic/pitch
patterns etc., built (as far as I can see)
a little bit on an ad hoc basis, like "kt*((kt>>12|kt>>8)&63&kt>>4)” etc.

If anyone has a suggestion of papers etc on the subject, I’d be grateful.

Thanks!
Dr Victor Lazzarini
Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy,
Maynooth University,
Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 7086936
Fax: 00 353 1 7086952