>> I've seen in many Sallen Key circuits people stick the input signal into
>> various points to generate some different responses, but always the high
>> pass is only 1 pole.
>
> i haven't seen that with the SK.  for HPF, i've only seen it with the the
> R's and C's swapped.  like with
> http://sim.okawa-denshi.jp/en/OPseikiHikeisan.htm .

I'm referring to the MS20 and Steiner Parker filters, and also copies
of those (eg Doepfer A106), they don't do a 2 pole high pass, so can't
generate a proper notch or peaking response.

MS20 v2: You can see here in the first filter they stick the input
into the base of the second cap (C2):
http://machines.hyperreal.org/manufacturers/Korg/MS-synths/schematics/KLM-307.GIF

Steiner Parker: Also here, although this is a partially differential
design, they do the same thing, a bandpass is generated by putting the
input to the base of the first cap, the high pass into the second cap
(middle one) - which gives a correct bandpass response, but again only
a 1 pole high pass:
http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs35_syntha_vcf.html . The last cap
is a differential input of the first one, so they both join to get
filtered by the middle cap non-differentially.

Andy