Hi Forum,

I am trying to implement a formula from a paper:

Y(w) = e^(i*phase) * (H(w) + H’(w))

Where H is the fourier transform of a window function h (a blackman window
in my case), H’ is the derivative of H (in the paper, H and H' are called
spectrum motifs). A signal will then be generated from ifft(Y).

In the paper it says:

In practice, the signals to be synthesized are real, and the inverse FFT
algorithm only uses the positive frequency half spectrum, *so only one of
the two spectral motifs must be synthesized*.

I don’t understand what it means by “only one of the two spectral motifs
must be synthesized”. How do I decide which spectral motive to use?

ps. I simplified the formula for simplicity. But in case you want to see
the complete formula:

Y(wk) = e^(i*phase) * (0.5 * A * H(wk - wf) + 0.5* B *H’(wk - wf))

      for |wk - wf| <= K * 2pi / N

ps2. sorry I just by accident posted the same question without a subject an
hour ago, is there a way to delete it from the archive?

Thanks in advance!!!

MF