MF, are you *completely sure* that the H'(w) is intended to be a derivative of H (with respect to what variable)? The "H prime" notation tends to be used a lot to mean "complex conjugate" rather than "derivative." That sort of interpretation seems more consistent with the statement that "only one of the two spectral motifs must be synthesized". That would make sense when one 'motif' is the complex conjugate of the other -- synthesize one, and you know them both.

I don't know what that paper is referring to when it says "the inverse FFT algorithm only uses the positive frequency half spectrum." Strictly speaking that might be true. But beware, that half-spectrum typically needs to be used in "complex conjugate mirror image" form to set up the second half of your FFT inverse-transform, so that you get a real-valued sequence out.