>If you try to take the Fourier transform integral of a exp(j*omega_0*t),
it will not
>converge in the sense, how an improper integral's convergence is usually
understood.
>You will need to employ something like Cauchy principal value or Cesaro
convergence
>to make it converge to zero at omega!=omega_0. At omega=omega_0 the
integral
>diverges no matter in which sense you take it. So, strictly speaking,
Fourier transform
>of a sine doesn't exist.

"Usually understood" by who? If you are interested in mathematical rigor,
you define the Fourier transform in terms of distributions, and it has no
trouble at all handling sinusoids. This is the Schwarz stuff that Sampo
mentioned.

Another option is to use non-standard analysis and work in terms of
hyperreal numbers. Then you can have your Dirac delta functions and your
rigor!

But both of these are overkill for day-to-day engineering practice.