So we're back where I started to make comments on a while ago. Hmm, I knew that.

Let's go over the problem shortly again, and let me give one pointer for you guys (and gals ?) who feel lost about the perfection many of us probably would like.

It isn't that we cannot create frequency limited signals, and please not again some dumb-heinie-ness about given, long existing EE theory unless you're a decent (and preferably, but not necessarily, mature) mathematician about it, so for instance a wave table can be viewed as a sum of sine waves, and for the sake of argument made to repeat ad infinitum, so that essentially it's a bunch of sine waves. That can also be thought to be true for a properly used iFFT, if the repeat factor is exactly the length of the FFT interval (and no averaging with previous FFT frames is considered).

The main problem is still that the waves that are generated by all kinds of simulation software will in many cases still contain erroneous or highly restrictive components, for instance with non-shift invariant e-powers (which honestly can give horrendous signal distortion, I mean certain methods of shifting samples can give dBs of different signal amplitude, can't it ?), even if somehow you'd (additionally or subtractively) frequency limit them, the resulting sample stream would still sound a bit wrong on a standard DA converter, so maybe you'd want to invert those high frequency patterns that form the error, and correct for a specific kind of DACs, I don't know, but it's hard, that's for sure.

Theo V.