I'm not going to confuse etiquette with thinking straight, it's clear if people can be respected and have some things to learn or teach, or go on about emotionally, that a lot of reasonable communication can take place.

Whem a subject such as digital processing for making music is reduced to an I.T. type of activity the proponents of a New Byzantium could soon seem to be the right deal.

I prefer to be honest about what I find right and wrong, and certainly have little interest to get stuck in fundamental basics or pretty limited theoretical reasoning, and all the effects of farming subjects out to provincials or starting a nice little hell-hole. But that's my opinion as engineer.

It's fun to know about professional DSP being part of good music, and it's interesting to look at modern digital instruments, or some open source efforts, etc. Topping off all that's been done, or claiming a strong new subject of your own for most is out of reach!

I have the feeling etiquette is more about that.

T.V.