Hi,

Curiosity, by sinc do you mean sin function?

Before anything: I’m a newbie. If I say something stupid don’t throw fire at
me, please! :)

During this last year I have been developing a synthesizer. My lookup table
hadn’t more than 2048 samples. The sounds coming out from the oscillators was
alright.

When I got to develop a chorus, I was using the very same table for the lfo
oscillators. The modulation was causing artifacts. It took me a while to
understand that the problem was being caused by the lack of resolution of my
tables. I ended up with a table 441000 length, for a 44100 sample rate. The
artifacts were gone! My conclusion was that the raw steps were causing audible
artifacts and increasing the resolution was the solution.

I haven’t tried to find the lowest point of resolution that doesn’t cause
artifacts. I was so tired of trying to solve the artifacts that I have only
remember this problem when I saw this question from Victor.

For the oscillators table I have simply doubled the initial value and now i’m
using 4096.

What do you guys think of this?

Thanks,

Regards,