I certainly found it interesting. Thanks for sharing!

I find it interesting though that (aside from the limiter threshold in the
first example) you are moving from a parametric interface to an empirical
one. It seems to me to be used more powerfully in realtime or with
automation, in a live situation or a DAW the effect will need some
parametric editing capabilities. The idea is certainly a departure from the
status quo and offers some great features of simplicity to describe some
arbitrary envelopes or delays (I especially like the idea of the delay),
but I couldn't help but think of my workflow and whether I could use such
things. Perhaps the modern DAW workflow is not the best way to do it, but
it did seem like none of the interfaces suggested fit very smoothly into
it.

Parametric designs came out of the circuit designs that placed a
potentiometer to change the cutoff of this analog filter, or the frequency
of an oscillator, but IMO they have held strong because of the
tweakability. There is a steeper learning curve for sure, but you typically
know exactly how the envelope will change as you move each knob of an ADSR.

I love the work and find this topic very interesting so I hope you continue
the work and continue to publish what you are finding and experimenting
with. If you are shopping around for next step ideas I would consider
trying to adapt the interface in a way that allows musical, realtime,
on-line, tweaking. Perhaps a second envelope could be sung and then blend
between the two, like an envelope-wavetable, or perhaps a few knobs with
parameters like stretch and skew. There are lots of possibilities. Or I
could just be wrong and you'll show me some totally different way to do it!

Just some thoughts...
_Spencer