> There's an open-source wavetable editor:
>
> https://github.com/AndrewBelt/WaveEdit

Thanks Eric.

> This was written by Andrew Belt (author of VCV Rack) under commission
> from Synthesis Technology for creating wavetables for their line of
> Eurorack wavetable oscillators. Several other Eurorack manufacturers are
> also beginning to use this for their products as well.
>

> There's an open online repository of wave banks which this application
> supports where the user community has begun to share tables that they've
> created with the tool, as well as classic wavetables from older
> synthesizers like Ensoniq and PPG.

I'm seeing PPG Wave wavetables.  One called "Fairlight" with no further
comment, and two that seem to be a collection of single waves from the
ESQ-1 (not the transwaves, which would make a lot more sense, as that was
Ensoniq's term for wavetable).  Of the rest, none--strangely--look to have
been produced by this editor.  Instead they're agglomerations of waveforms
from other sources; don't have DC filtered out; don't have phases aligned,
etc.

What I notice in so many of the existing tools in this niche is that they
all let you "draw your own waveform!!!!!!" as if that's something you'd
actually want to do.  It always seemed obvious to me that at least drawing
the harmonic spectrum would be far more useful, so why this "draw waveform"
ability?  Is it just because that's what naive users think would be good?