On 05/21/2018 12:35 PM, Chris Cannam wrote:

And I hear what you are saying about the the post, looking at the code
was easier for me:
http://blogs.zynaptiq.com/bernsee/repo/smbPitchShift.cpp

Yes, the actual shifting step is bizarrely crude considering the work done in
the rest of the code (and the post). He must have known that. It could surely
be substantially improved by working on the shifting interpolation a bit -- not
that I've tried it.

I've used the Bernsee stuff as a starting point for a real time phase vocoder-based audio effect running on an embedded ARM processor. I found that there was a lot of additional work required to get good sounding fractional shifts, so going beyond the crude approach used in the example code took more effort than I expected.

tl;dr - working in the frequency domain is more complicated than you might think at first...

Eric