On Tue, 22 May 2018, at 18:31, Matt Ingalls wrote:
> As far as I can understand it, it seems to be along the same lines as
> that Bernsee blog, but with peak detection.

I think that should work a lot better than what you have -- although Eric
Brombaugh's experience earlier in the thread may be more relevant.

Note that the Laroche-Dolson "identity phase locking" time-stretcher (a) is
patented, although that may be about to expire, and (b) doesn't usually sound
as good as more computationally-expensive methods that adjust phases
individually but influenced by local gradient, as in Rubber Band or the newer,
interesting approach in the recent paper Corey K just cited. (It tends to
introduce a metallic edge.) The same might be true of the related pitch-shifter.

I guess it should be possible to do formant adjustment at the same time, which
would be nice.

Chris