> > Since SG5DR has been implemented, I think it would be a
> good time to
> > change ClassicalStyleGuide to represent the implemented changes
>
> I was thinking about it since the very start. I somehow agree
> but I'm was waiting in opening a discussion on the matter to
> full understand SG5DR and see the impact on MB.

Great, I hadn't until nechto13 mentioned it on IRC. We talked through it and
I asked him to post it to the mailing list to get the discussion stated. I
also think this makes sense.

> > which means that style guide
> > would say that while the track artist should still be attributed to
> > composers the artist of an album itself should be the
> performer under
> > which it was released.
>
> I will surely support this for the typical VA entries
> performed by a single
> (big) performer.
>
> About forcing a global moving such as all Beethoven entries
> I'm a little more conservative because it could be difficult
> to chose wich main performer deservers the Album: the
> Orchestra, the conductor, the soloist?

I think for releases of works by a single composer the artist should be
Orchestra (conductor: Artist) with Soloist only at the album level if they
perform on all tracks using the existing style rules for formatting with one
small adjustment. I would suggest we drop "feat." from the formatting (see
above). In pop listings it would be strange to not have it but the role
really achieves the same function for classical releases.

--
Cristov (wolfsong)

You're driving a car; it isn't a telephone booth, a beauty parlor or a
restaurant.