derGraph wrote:
... and have a collection of files that doesn't exist on any release. That's what most moderators call a "homebrew" when they argue to remove an album from MusicBrainz. And if I see such an edit, I check whether there is no such a release and then vote yes.

I'm not sure what you mean by that - they exist on that DVD. It's not a homebrew where I took a bunch of random files by the artist and made my own CD, it's taking the audio directly off the official disc without changing the order or structure at all. Other people that have the DVD can easily reproduce the exact same rip.

I know I'm not the only one who still thinks that the music in MusicBrainz has some importance. Sure, with a whole lot of spokenword releases and audiobooks in the DB it has gradually become AudioBrainz. Nevertheless, we go too far if we allow all kind of concert videos to be added, thus turning MusicBrainz into MultimediaBrainz.

How is a concert not music? I'm not talking about adding any information about the video content, just the audio portion of a live DVD. Like I mentioned when I brought this topic up last year http://lists.musicbrainz.org/pipermail/musicbrainz-style/2005-December/001063.html there are artists that don't release live CDs but do have half a dozen or more concert DVDs per year that their fanbase commonly makes just audio rips of for listening purposes. Calling them all bootlegs feels wrong, since it is from an official disc. What is it about having a video component on that disc that makes it inherently a bootleg is what I don't understand, I guess.