On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 14:37:34 +0100, Lukáš Lalinský wrote:

Don Redman wrote:
Or (recalling my meta-thoughts) are these the wrong questions? Should I just try it out on test on monday, ask you to play around with it, request a veto and then move it over to the main server?

This testing of new AR types, IMHO, doesn't work. There is not too much people subscribed to mb-style, and only a *very few* of them is interested in "was remastered by", "was orchestrated by", etc. AR types. Which means people simply won't test it.

Yes, this is a problem. I keep wanting to actually try it on mb-users. Like explain people what we plan, explain how they could test it and be there when questions arise. I think the instrument tree is a good candidate for such a trial. Unfortunately my time at the Uni is over. I never believed searching for jobs and scholarships would eat so much time. :-(

Is there someone who would like to work together with me on this secretary business and maybe take over in a month or two? I do not plan to leave, but I realize that my lack of time slows down a lot of things here.

Besides of that, testing stuff on the test server, helps me to stay focussed on the actual problem and not to drift off too far into general-debate-land. But, then I might be the only person who feels like this. It sure does not make any sense to test stuff just to kep one person focussed :-)

  DonRedman

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation around! :-)