The Farmers Boys had a credit for a vacuum cleaner solo on one of their early singles. It was the Bside to one of their two singles released on Backs records circa 1981, which I sadly no longer own so cant add much more detail about it.

From: Robert Kaye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MusicBrainz style discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [mb-style] add instrument request: vacuum cleaner
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:05:12 -0800

On Mar 22, 2006, at 7:37 PM, Brian Gurtler wrote:

mos thingy is live.
now can we have our vacuum cleaner?

You have not demonstrated 5 uses of a vacuum cleaner in published works.

There was an ambiguity over the 5 references -- I would like to see 5 published albums reference the instrument before we add it. I think 5 artists is too much, and 5 tracks too little.

--

--ruaok         Somewhere in Texas a village is *still* missing its idiot.

Robert Kaye     --     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net