On 25/03/06, Steve Wyles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Don Redman wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:59:21 +0100, Steve Wyles wrote:
> >
> >> Using just "Recorded By" is ambiguous.
> >
> > It would not just be "recorded by" but there is a description of the AR type
> > that can be very specific about what is meant and what not.
>
> The description is only shown when creating the AR, not when it is
> displayed.
>
> > Simplifying the link phrases in the general display is a good thing IMO.
>
> Simplifying is good, but not when it could be misinterpreted. To a native
> English speaker "Recorded By" has various meanings in the context of
> musical works. The situation is far worse for non-native speakers, where
> they might need to refer to a dictionary.

thing is, my suggestion of this change was entirely because of
interpretation - 'recorded by' is rarely (read: almost never) referred
to as 'recording engineered by' - i wanted to enter credits from my
album sleeves and i couldn't find 'recorded by', which is IMO very
unintuitive.

IMO "recorded by" would be understood better than 'recording
engineered by' in almost all cases. it's simply what's written on
sleeves.