On Mar 27, 2006, at 4:39 PM, Jan van Thiel wrote:
I think that if e.g. inhouseuk (sorry to (ab)use your name, just
giving an example), a moderator with a spotless record, had requested
these, they would've been added almost instantaneously.

I disagree.

If a moderator with a "perfect record" asks to add something that clutters the DB, I'd balk too. But I think our moderators with perfect records have a good enough grasp to understand when something clutters up the DB and when something makes sense.

I'm just deducing the current system doesn't work yet, because of
personal misunderstanding between people. Whether or not this involves
'whining'.

Well, the system needs fine-tuning yes. And we're the process of working out the kinks.

The problem is that one person said, "Go" and another person took those instructions and went ahead and did what was asked. The original "Go" was premature, but I think it would be worse to flounder and go back and remove it again.

People make mistakes, we're all human.

However, I do appreciate your sentiments. We should aim to be fair to all of our users. Spotless record moderators and whiners all alike. :-)

--

--ruaok      Somewhere in Texas a village is *still* missing its idiot.

Robert Kaye     --     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net