2006/4/8, Adam Golding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On 4/7/06, Frederic Da Vitoria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Re-reading this post...
> >
> > 2006/4/2, Adam Golding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > >
> > > note that we also need a way to handle multiple publications of a single
> > > work (they might have different metronome markings, for instance.. or
> even
> > > be in different keys)
> >
> > Do you have any actual example of this? This would have a major impact
> > on how the data are structured, so before agreeing with you, I'd like
> > an example.
>

> err. well i know there are multiple publicaitons of many works... such as
> chopin's works, which were revised often
>
> bach transposed many works into other keys... for isntance some of the
> fugues in the WTC were origianll stand-alone fugues in other keys
>
> and i can certainly imagine metronome marksing changing often enough between
> publications.. Wagner, for instance, removed metronome markings from some
> piece because they were causing conductors to be too rigid with the tempi

Ok, but what I am trying to see is if a catalog number is unique. I
may be wrong, but I think in Bach's examples, the BWV numbers were
different; so these could be stored in MB as different works, with ARs
giving the relationships between these works. I don't know Chopin
well, though; are the same catalog numbers used for the different
revisions of a same work?

--
Frederic Da Vitoria