On Wed, 3 May 2006, Brian Gurtler wrote:

Steve Wyles wrote:
On Wed, 3 May 2006, Brian Gurtler wrote:

i think we need a way to differentiate singles form albums with the same
name.
For example Morphine has an album titled "Cure for Pain" they also have
a single "Cure for Pain" as well.
I have both ripped and tagged but they end up in the same folder. Also
if i physically move one of them to another folder they end up in the
same album in my music player library anyway because they have the same
title information in their tags.

what can we do to prevent this from happening?

can we add "(single)" to singles that have the same title as albums?
would anyone be opposed to that?

Why replicate the information in the title when it is already held in
the release type? Use the album type in the filename (%type in picard)
to make it unique.

Steve (inhouseuk)

right, but the tag will still be non-unique.

They'll be unique if you take the track numbers into account. Especially, if you store them as x/y where y is the total number of tracks on the release.

Steve (inhouseuk)