On Fri, 5 May 2006, Bogdan Butnaru wrote:

Hi!

I started adding ARs for
http://musicbrainz.org/album/9687107b-e6e9-4e33-b4ce-a9dbf11de059.html
and on http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=6497 the guitars
are marked as lead and rythm (though the official site
http://www.lakeoftears.net/releases_studio.php doesn't make the
distinction). I see the ARs don't have any option for this; should I
ignore it, or should we consider adding something?

I would ignore it.  "Lead" is just a fancy way of saying "I played the
solos while these other people kept time."  It gets more into what
someone did in the song rather than what instrument they played.  It
would be like having an AR that someone played stride piano[1] in a
song.  It doesn't make sense for what we want to capture.  I would
just use "guitar" or "electric guitar" in the AR and leave it at that.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stride_piano

--
Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com