I asked the question first on MB Users because I felt it belonged
there, but Don Suggested I ask here too, so here we go.

I had a feeling (but I may be wrong, since I couldn't find any written
confirmation about this) that in classical MB admitted entering
different releases (in terms of dates, country or publisher) as long
as the recordings were the same (same track listing, same performers,
same performance) and no "remixing" (i.e. no digital cleaning) was
done. So that if an editor re-issued a cheap edition of a previous
issue from a major editor, it could still be considered as the same
album (but the Sony digitally reworked releases of Glenn Gould should
be entered separately).

Don answered that:
The current definition of what exactly is a release in MusicBrainz
is a bit hazy. And the definition sems to move more and more
toward "A release is an edition of an album". If we continue with this
tendency we will need a grouping AdvancedEntity (like the AlbumObject
in the ObjectModel) pretty soon.

Personally, in the current situation, I'd rather not enter a new
release each time. I would have to re-enter almost all the classical
albums I found in MB :-( The track listing will be the same most of
the times (with small linguistic differences sometimes).

What do other classical-minded users feel?

--
Frederic Da Vitoria