On Sun, 28 May 2006, InvisibleMan78 wrote:

I would like to help to edit the 'questionable tracks' suggested on "
http://musicbrainz.org/reports/generated/SuspectTrackCharacters/";

Just because the reports shows them as questionable, doesn't mean they actually are.

But I can't find any information about handling the 'quotation marks' like
in
- Take the "A" Train
- "Gitano" de Lucia
- Christmas Oratorio BWV 248 (Aria "Schlafe, Mein Liebster")

Those depend on a mixture of artist intent and style.

And what's about the "-sign for the disc-size-info like
- Be as One (12" club mix)
- Magnificent Seventies (7" version)

Those are fine - http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/MiscellaneousGuideline

Another special character is the @ or %:
- 60% International
- Emjay - [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2000
- Upstairs @ Kil's mix
What is wrong with this characters? How should I replace it?

There is nothing wrong with them either.

As I said above, just because they are on the report doesn't mean they are wrong. Each track needs dealing with individually according to artist intent and style.

Steve (inhouseuk)