On 5/29/06, derGraph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi.

While searching for some official proof and a release date of an album,
I've noticed that the German amazon site (which I could read) listed
another release date than the Japanese site (where I could not read the
track list).

Now this raises an interesting question: is the date when a release was
first made available through an import service an ReleaseEvent? Should
it be added to the release dates?

--

derGraph

I wouldn't trust the info given from the Amazon shops. I've founded so much crap they entered in their  system. And the worst of all i that so much people believe it and use this info as proof for their mods. The only nice thing about Amazon is the album artworks you can get - nothing more.

If you search for release dates take a look at the label / distributor or artist website. That's what i do in the most cases. If I can't find anything besides Amazon then I add a info into the album annotation, that the release date was taken from Amazon and needs to be proofed.

Just my 2 cents about this.
--
.: NOP AND NIL :.
.: Schika :.