On 6/17/06, Beth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Currently we handle "on media" releases as to the point of distribution. It
was released in the "US" "UK" and "Germany" "Japan" Speaking of the markets
that these releases were distributed in.

Do we all realy handle this way?
The following is taken from http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ReleaseCountryStyle :

'Note that the ReleaseCountry of an album is not necessarily the
country in which it was produced. The label itself will typically be
more relevant. eg, a release on "Foo Records UK" that has "Made in
Austria" printed on it, will likely be a UK release.'

Is telling the homebase of the label matters.

Otherwise you wouldn't have multitude of release countries for one release.

There are much possibilities and examples around for multiple release
Dates/Countries - if the country of origin OR the country of
distribution has to be entered in our Country field.

Why would net releases be handled any differently?

exactly.

--
.: NOP AND NIL :.
.: Schika :.