This keeps coming up and I hate it. ExtraTitleInformationStyle says "If the
release is a single, of course one of the tracks is going to be the album
version". I think this is completely wrong. A single does not necessarily
have to include an album version and to me, the 'default' version on a
single is the *single* version, given that it's, well, a single. Also, an
album also does not necessarily have to include all songs from a single, so
there may not even *be* an album version in existence. A single also need
not include a single version, and if it does, it doesn't necessarily have
to be labelled as such. By removing '(album version)', we're making it
completely ambiguous. Is it an unlabelled single version? Is it an album
version? Is it a mistakenly unlabelled remix, edit or live version?

We're also being inconsistent, LiveTrackStyle says tracks should not
contain (live) as the release status is live. Surely, by this logic, we
should not remove (album version) from singles and remove (single version)
instead. I personally don't like removing any of the version information
from singles, they can and do contain so many different versions (single,
album, live, radio edit, etc.) that you can't really say any particular
version is the default.

So why should album version be assumed to be the default version for
singles and not live albums?

--Nikki

P.S. Won't we have to go back and add (album version) back to all the
singles once we have NGS?