On Wednesday 20 September 2006 3:37 pm, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > off-topic.  But I just didn't think that "almost all bonus discs are
> > Albums" was a fair statement.  In fact, I would (and am) argue that
>
> I never said that almost all bonus discs are albums.  All I wanted to
> say was "bonus discs are never albums" is not a fair statement either.
>  Nobody said they aren't (more) often live or compilations.

This is how stupid arguments occur on this mailing list. Chris' ammendment
never said "bonus discs are never albums", see for yourself:
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/BonusDisc?action=diff&rev2=6&rev1=5

"Also note that the ReleaseAttribute for a Bonus Disc will normally not
be 'album', unlike the primary release."

I personally have seen dozens of bonus disc's and there is only 1 that I would
consider even close to being an album:
http://musicbrainz.org/release/e299757e-d320-471c-88f6-b8b946a13e04.html All
tracks are previously unreleased.

That said, I don't believe that it is impossible for a bonus disc to be an
album and I haven't heard anyone else here say that. I don't know why you
dislike Chris and I couldn't care less, the point is that your personal
like/dislike of people should have no bearing on how you judge their
suggestions/proposals.

Cheers,
Matt Howe (mdhowe)