On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:54:06 +0100, Aaron Cooper wrote:

Good evening,

I want to propose a standard way of titling classical releases.  This
wouldn't apply to compilations with several parts of different works,
but rather for releases which have an (or multiple) entire works.
Here's the gist:

Separate multiple works of the same "type" with commas (,).
Separate multiple works of different "types" with slashes (/).
Hyphens (-) are used when there are three or more consecutively
numbered works of the same type.

You mean space, slash, space ( / ), right? And the comma is comma and space (, ), but this should be obvious.

In fact this seems to make for a really good *general* ennumeration rule. What would you think of appending this to MultipleTitleStyle? Maybe not on that page but on an additional ComplexMultipleTitleStyle. Because, if you look at it from the outside, then what you classic folks have to deal with is nothing but very complex multiple tracks/works in one title field.

I would also like to add that such complex rules should not be in the way of adding releases to MB, IMO. They should be good for cleaning up, but not for voting stuff down. (But I am talking theory here. I do not know the voting practices of the classical people here at all)

  DonRedman

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiDocs,
the MusicBrainz documentation system.