2007/3/5, Aaron Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 3/2/07, Don Redman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 13:26:33 +0100, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:

> >> I would like to try Don's procedure, but I am unclear as to when the
> >> style becomes "official".  Would editing a 14-disc 'The Ring' set be
> >> enough of a testing ground?  I know that many of those complex
> >> examples exist on a release I own.
> >>
> >> I think I will edit that release this afternoon and post the edit #'s
> >> here for everyone to review and we can move forward from there, one
> >> step at a time :)
> >
> > I suppose we can't really define the number of tests before triggering
> > the RFV. It depends on the complexity of the rule being tested. For
> > this one, I suppose the relevant releases are potentially quite
> > different so we have probably missed problems, but OTOH the rule
> > itself is pretty simple... and it is really needed! So you can send
> > the RFV as soon as you think we have enough actual edits to support
> > it.
> >

> My intention was not to place even more burdens on you by having you make
> test edits.
> I have explained a bit what I *did* mean, and I have done it as a podcast
> to save my fingers some typing. It's 5 minutes long (and no, it does not
> have a MBID yet ;-) )
>
> <http://blog.musicbrainz.org/archives/2007/03/beta_period_for.html>
>
> listen, then read on:
>
> I would suggest, you delete all the clutter form the wiki page ('cooked'
> discussions, the alternative orderings etc) and then present this as a RFV
> pretty soon and without too much fuss. Then we have a 'beta period' for a
> while (as explained in voice), and then we make the guideline 'stable'.

I would like to clean up the OTS wiki page, but I dislike the idea of
"deleting" all documentation of our discussions (and all of Frederic's
work!).  What do we think about moving the current OTS contents to
OperaTrackStyleProposal and then using OperaTrackStyle to document the
guidelines?

Yes. Or OperaTrackStyleDiscussion, since it may need a page to discuss
evolutions. I agree keeping track of the history is important. Thus
newcomers may see that some ideas were already suggested and why they
were not kept.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria