While the record labels are truly evil, I don't think they have the
copyrights on the songs themselves, only on the recordings they
distribute. This means that the labels probably have most of the
rights on the albums, and probably very few on the concerts
themselves.

On 5/9/07, Kuno Woudt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 07:04:37PM -0400, Brian Schweitzer wrote:
> Sami, problem is, it's not always illegal.  It's *always* illegal to sell
> bootlegs.  It is illegal to make (in some countries, at least) and/or sell
> copies of official/promo releases.  But many bands allow taping and
> trading.  See (again at etree) the list of bands that allow taping:
> http://btat.wagnerone.com/search.php?oneClick=1

Don't bands usually sign the copyright on their songs over to an evil
record label?

If so, the band may allow taping, but distributing those recordings in
any way is likely illegal.

-- kuno.

Bogdan Butnaru — [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I think I am a fallen star, I should wish on myself." – O.