On 9/19/07, Philip Jägenstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Isn't it the case that different users want different things and that
> the same thing doesn't apply to all releases? When I've added
> soundtracks I've tried to use the performing artist (because it's on
> the sleeve and it's the only thing I know). But for some soundtracks,
> like Spirited Away
> (http://musicbrainz.org/release/7327ef89-e214-4f90-8d5d-3e56ffe21d0b.html)
> I'm far more interested in knowing the composer (Joe Hisaishi) than
> what orchestra happened to record it.
>
> I'm not particularly passionate about the style for soundtracks either
> way, but I doubt that simply saying that the performer is the artist
> will cut it in all cases.

I like performers as artists but as it has been pointed out, it get
tricky when a large group of people perform a song -- who gets
credited?  I suppose whoever is printed on the cover, that's who.

If someone wants to see composers in their tags, I suggest they setup
PicardQt to set the Artist field equal to the Composer field when
ReleaseType = Soundtrack.

-Aaron