On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Lukáš Lalinský <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Ut, 2008-02-26 at 15:19 -0500, Brian Schweitzer wrote:
> > >  > I guess that leads to a question what is normalized and what is
> not? Is
> > >  > changing "Piano Concerto", "Klavierkonzert" or "Klavírny koncert"
> > >  > "Concerto for Piano" really just normalization? Why should we
> prefer the
> > >  > English title on a German release?
> >
> > The problem here is you're assuming it's only a German release - and
> > that's the case only perhaps 20-25% of the time.  Most often, it's a
> > German+French+English release, or a German+English+Italian release
> > also released in a Swedish+Dutch version and a Norwegian version,
> > or...  you get my meaining.  Considering that the language on the
> > liner used here is a release-artifact, and not something inherent to
> > the original composition, why does the language used to list it really
> > make a difference?  And, if you reopen that can of worms, then for any
> > given release, which language is to be used?  For the release with 4
> > languages on the liner, do we then add it not once, but 4 times, plus
> > any additional time as needed where the same release also has variant
> > versions / reissues in yet further languages?
>
> Well, why not try simple cases first? Here is an example of a release
> with German-only titles:
> http://cover-paradies.to/?Module=ViewElement&ID=504128 Can you give me
> just one valid argument for using "Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor, Op.
> 21: I. Maestoso" instead of "Klavierkonzert Nr. 2 in F-moll, Op. 21: I.
> Maestoso" for the first track in MB (obviously neither of them is _the_
> original)? The German one has the advantage that is printed on the cover
> and is the original in the context of this release.

In this case, I would keep the German. I would change the language if the
release was released in another country. But as Brian said, this does not
happen so often. I believe most classical releases are released in more than
one country and in more than one language (even if the sleeve may be
"localized")

--
Frederic Da Vitoria