2008/8/18 Tim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I believe that unique tracks should have unique track names across all
> releases. This seems to be essential for distinguishability of tracks by
> their track names, effectively describing any differences in sound (ie
> unique tracks) with unique, specific track name information. (Note I am not
> using the term TrackName; by "track name" I mean everything after the artist
> name.) I also believe the converse: that unique track names should be paired
> with unique tracks across all releases. There should be no doubt as to what
> sound (unique track) one is referring to given a track name. To summarize:
> every unique track should be paired with one and only one unique track name.
> Each name has one sound and each sound has one name.

[...]

MusicBrainz is a discography site with all info on music and some on
artists. We capture info on what is printed on sleeves, unless that
info is proved to be wrong (e.g. typos). This info can be used for
tagging. Picard has the powerful TaggerScript which lets you format
any tag basically the way you want. There's no need to change almost
all track titles to accommodate your tagging needs.

Jan (zout)