Willensmacht wrote:

> I've looked through the Classical StyleGuide as well as the Opera Track
> StyleGuide and haven't seen anything talking about how to format the act
> and scene in a German-language release.... you can also find instances
> where the formatting is "I. Akt, I. Szene," for example.
>
> Has a standard been decided already?

Not as far as I know.

We don't even have official agreement for how "Act I, Scene I" should be
written in the English language. See
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/OperaTrackStyle OperaTrackStyle  and
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ClassicalTrackTitleStyle
ClassicalTrackTitleStyle  for some of the discussion about the English
language case.

See  http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ClassicalReleaseLanguage
ClassicalReleaseLanguage</href> to see how tangled the discussion on
language can get.

So my advice is to come up with a convention which you think you and others
can apply consistently for German-language track titles, and then propose
that convention once we've agreed on the English-language styles.

-----
     -- http://jdlh.com/ Jim DeLaHunt , Vancouver, Canada  •
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/JimDeLaHunt