Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:23 AM, Jim DeLaHunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> We don't even have official agreement for how "Act I, Scene I" should be
>> written in the English language. See
>> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/OperaTrackStyle OperaTrackStyle  and
>> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ClassicalTrackTitleStyle
>> ClassicalTrackTitleStyle  for some of the discussion about the English
>> language case.
>
> I don't catch your meaning: do you mean these pages are not official
> yet or that these pages disagree?

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant to say that a) the pages are not official
yet, and b) they aren't clear about how "Act I, Scene I" should be
represented, and c) that's for English, which is usually in MB the language
with the clearest guidelines.

Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:

>> So my advice is to come up with a convention which you think you and
>> others
>> can apply consistently for German-language track titles, and then propose
>> that convention once we've agreed on the English-language styles.
>
> I don't see why English should come first. If German-speaking users
> can reach a consensus before the others, perfect (I don't speak
> German, but being French, I know that we will be the last to reach a
> consensus - no, I meant: that we will never reach a consensus :-D )

Good point.  I retract my Anglophone chauvinism.

-----
     -- http://jdlh.com/ Jim DeLaHunt , Vancouver, Canada  •
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/JimDeLaHunt