On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Leiv Hellebo <leiv.hell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aaron Cooper wrote:
>> I think the book title is an important piece of information - much
>> like the work title in classical music.
>
> Sure.
>
>   We always put the work and
>> then the movement in classical track titles even if there is only one
>> work on a release.
>
> As I'm sure you remember I started a discussion about this last year
> here on mb-style[1]. My view: This is redundant, makes for unwieldy
> titles which even are hard to read for short tracks, and I don't think
> it looks good.
>
> For a post later in that thread I did some checking and found that the
> include-workname-even-for-opera-and-similar-practice was not common
> earlier, but became more common during 2007. The reason for it becoming
> more common was discussions om mb-style starting from the assumption
> that we did not have Works.

That's still how we do it in the classical world and how the examples
are in the CSG.  Because we include work names now, I think it would
be appropriate to include book names in audiobook track titles.  If we
decide elsewhere that including the work name is now extraneous then I
could see us making an identical change to audiobooks (dropping the
book name).

>> I think we should apply the similar rule here.
>
> One reason for not doing so: Audiobooks differ from classical recordings
> by rarely having more than one work included.
>
> For those who really want it in, isn't it possible to have Picard add
> the release title to the track title?

Making Picard do this would be a pain in the butt as you'd have to do
it on a case-by-case basis for the rare occasions where the release
title is not the book title or there are multiple books in the release
title.

-cooperaa