From: Aurélien Mino <a.m...@free.fr>
To: musicbrainz-style@lists.musicbrainz.org
Subject: [mb-style] Extra Title Information vs Recording comment in NGS
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:12:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I would like to propose the following change during NGS migration:

  Move the extra title information of recording from the 'name' field to the
'comment' field,
  while keeping track titles untouched.

Examples:
  "11 O'Clock Tick Tock (live)" would become "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" with
comment "live"
Without change:
http://test.musicbrainz.org/recording/24d39446-175e-4522-87f3-6c19ca3e76e4
With change:
http://test.musicbrainz.org/recording/e34ce26c-9060-4646-98e0-388e6ff340b2

My reasoning is that extra title information is not really part of the
recording title,
and we now have a specific field for this kind of information.

Could we take a quick decision on the subject?
I would be nice if it could be in the NGS RC1 release,
and it can always be reverted for later NGS migrations if we realize that it's
a bad idea.

PS: related JIRA ticket: http://jira.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-1217

- Aurélien